Case Study – Revenue Forecast Model
For a business to maximize profits it needs to accurately project its sales, revenues and expenses. Accurate revenue forecasting is critical to reducing unnecessary spending, & manage production & staff schedules.
Difficulty planning and scheduling resources and staffing to meet demand due to the inability to accurately forecast their revenue. As a result they were wasting money and missing job opportunities due to an insufficient balance of staff and production to meet high demand when it was needed.
The solution was to build a forms based application for data entry and validation of the key information and transactions that were then translated into reports that provided revenue forecasts for the business.
- Time saved with the ability to quickly and easily enter the relevant data using the forms based system.
- Consistent and accurate forecasting due to the automated validation of key data and transactions.
- The reports gave a forecast revenue model for the business in the short and long term that they could count on to accurately plan and schedule resources and staffing to meet demand.
- This ultimately increased profits.
- Helped their reputation as a hire business that could keep up with the demands of their clients.