fbpx
Your 'Go To' for Custom Excel Solutions

Sum, Average not available + Add Interest takes too long + New Data Source

Our Services Forums Share Trade Tracker New Features and Suggestions Sum, Average not available + Add Interest takes too long + New Data Source

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Scott Lindsay
    Keymaster

Skate,

No new integrations are available for Share Trade Tracker at the moment.
    But we have just received advice from Norgate that their API integration will be ready for testing in the next few weeks.

In light of this recent issue with the Google feed we are going to review again the options available for other data sources. That will include Just Data which does provide for direct access to CSV files of price data.

Once new integrations are available we will advise all users of the options

Regards
    Scott

skate
    Participant

Suggestion from Jon
    One other feature I would like to ask is, what is, or how hard would it be, to put a link / links to the major ASX data suppliers instead of relying on dirty data out of Yahoo and Google (there data is renowned for being less than accurate). I subscribe every year to Just Data (Australian supplier of data) for my charting programs. It would be a really great feature if Share trade tracker could dive into my Just data folder for clean data.

Has there been further progress on API’s for external Data suppliers other than EOD Historical Data ?

Skate.

Scott Lindsay
    Keymaster

Jon,

Yes we have protected the worksheets in STT to ensure that the key formulas are protected. We have also made changes to the worksheets so that the “protected” warning does not appear for users as we were receiving a large number of support requests asking for the password to unlock the worksheet as many users were attempting to enter data directly into the worksheet not realising that the entry of trade data was via the buy and sell trade forms.

I can understand the frustration though and could include in a future release an “advanced” option where the worksheet protection is changed so that expert users are able to select cells on the worksheet to enable the SUM, AVERAGE and COUNT features that are standard with Excel. This would then be available for users to change in the configuration and enable those features to work again.

Regarding the Interest entry I can see now that could now be a time consuming process to record interest for multiple accounts. We will include to the future feature list an “upload” option for interest that would allow you to import interest records from your bank without the entry screen

Lastly your suggestion for an external data source is one that others have suggested. It could be implemented as you have proposed and would only be available to those users that have access to their own data source of EOD price and Dividend data. I will include this to a future release and advise users how it can be enabled once it is developed into the product.

Thanks for your suggestions…

You guys have now protected each worksheet in the workbook and I can understand why. Obviously people have the ability to delete things they shouldn’t.

The problem with this, is, we now no longer have access to auto sum, average and count details in the status bar at the bottom of the sheet. What used to be a really quick way to add certain things up is now a laborious task of having to manually add different sets of data. We used to able to hold control or shift or drag and add this data up get the answer and move on quickly.

The second issue I am finding is, where I used to be able to export all of my interest on my bank accounts into a csv file and copy and paste the relevant fields into the trade tracker interest sheet, it made updating those transactions a breeze. Now I have to add them manually. I run about 8 different accounts with my trading + my portfolios and this is now a time consuming job. Especially if you don’t update every month and miss a couple. Even if you opened those worksheets back up and kept the dashboard locked etc.
    Not sure how you would, or could, get around that issue but I know, I would really like the feature back. I guess that would be whether more people have asked for the feature back or it would be weighed up against all the problems associated with people deleting formulas.

One other feature I would like to ask is, what is, or how hard would it be, to put a link / links to the major ASX data suppliers instead of relying on dirty data out of Yahoo and Google (there data is renowned for being less than accurate). I subscribe every year to Just Data (Australian supplier of data) for my charting programs. It would be a really great feature if Share trade tracker could dive into my Just data folder for clean data. Just like we select either yahoo or google or both for external data, what if it was a folder on your PC that you could drag data from? If that failed then yahoo or google or all 3 ?

Regards
    Jon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.