Effective Date: 25th May, 2018
When we talk about 'you', we mean the person using this website or services of this website.
'Personal data' is the information we collect that identifies you, for example your name and email address.
This policy applies only to XLAutomation. It does not apply to any other company or organisation, including those whose services have links to XLAutomation’s content or services. Third party services which have links to XLAutomation’s content or services will govern the use of personal information you submit to them, which may also be collected by cookies when you visit or use them. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party digital services.
What data we collect
The information we collect from you may include data such as:
- your first and last name
- your email address
- your transactional data, such as purchase information
- your business or residential address
- your technical data such as information about what operating systems you use
- your customer survey and feedback submissions
Why we collect your data
- to respond to your contact with us. For example a quote request, or technical question
- to collect the required data to deliver our products or services to you.
- to provide technical support to you
- to customise and promote services which may be of interest to you
- to gather testimonials to display on our website or other marketing materials.
- to gather information to monitor the use of the XLAutomation website to help identify if there are any problems that need fixing to provide a better customer experience on our website.
- for analytical research purposes relating to the performance, quality, maintenance and improvement of XLAutomations services and products.
- if you work for us, or apply to us for a job
- if permitted or required by law; or
- otherwise with your consent.
How we collect the data
We collect personal data either when you provide it to us, or explicitly consent for it to be given to us. The main ways we do this are:
When you fill out a form on our website to:
- contact us
- request a quote
- to download a free spreadsheet
- to access a product subscription or free trial
- to give us your feedback
- to subscribe to our mailing list
When you use one of our Products:
- tracking the usage and operation of XLAutomation products
- errors or exceptions for improvement
- invalid licences and usage
When you leave comments or use the forum:
- We collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor's IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Who we share your data with and why
We use a number of tools provided by third parties to assist in providing you the best user experience when using our products or service. These websites are listed below including links to their own privacy policies:
- Zoho: Our product subscription payment processor. We share information with Zoho to take payment in order to provide the product you have requested from us. https://www.zoho.com/privacy.html#summary
- PayPal: Our online payments system. As an optional secure paynent method for you to use when purchasing from our site.
- Google Analytics: Our web analytics service to identify if there are any problems that need fixing to provide a better customer experience on our website and products. Also to analyse data for research purposes relating to the performance, quality, maintenance and improvement of services and products. https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
- Jotform: Our online form builder to create and publish forms on our website such as contact forms, subscription forms, customer feedback forms, help request forms. https://www.jotform.com/privacy/
- Freshdesk: Our online cloud-based customer service software provider used to provide you with a ticketing technical support system. https://www.freshworks.com/privacy/
These third parties may be located in Australia or overseas locations.
Embedded Content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you have visited the other website.
Under no circumstances will XLAutomation sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
What rights you have over your data.
- You may choose to provide some personal information which is not required but is directly related to XLAutomation’s functions or activities. Sometimes you will be asked to confirm that you agree to a particular activity. For example, you may need to expressly agree that you would like to receive a newsletter or to confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions of a competition.
- You are provided with options to unsubscribe from any of our mailing lists each time you receive contact from us.
- You have the right to request access to personal information that is held by XLAutomation about you. You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Requests for access will be dealt with by XLAutomation in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982.
Use of your personal information to contact you
We will never knowingly send you unsolicited commercial electronic messages. More information on the Spam Act 2003 is available from the regulator’s website: www.acma.gov.au/spam
We may use information that we know about your likes and interests to tell you about other XLAutomation products and services when you are online. We may know about your likes and interests because you have provided that information, for instance via a social media platform.
Storage and Protection of your personal information
The security of your information is important to us. XLAutomation will take all reasonable and practicable steps to ensure that your personal information is properly protected from misuse or loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
XLAutomation has implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using the XLAutomation website.