Updated: 1st September 2017
XLAutomation is strongly committed to protecting your privacy when you interact with us, our content, products and services.
- the kind of information XLAutomation may collect about you, how we collect it, and how we use it
- how we may disclose that information
- how you can access the information we hold about you
- when we may use your information to contact you
- the protection of your personal information
This policy applies only to XLAutomation. It does not apply to any other company or organisation, including those whose services have links to XLAutomation’s content or services. Third party services which have links to XLAutomation’s content or services will govern the use of personal information you submit to them, which may also be collected by cookies when you visit or use them. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party digital services.
2. Collection and use of personal information
2.1 Why we collect personal information
XLAutomation collects personal information about you:
- because you have provided it to us, for instance if you contact us for a quote, to make comments, complaints or to ask us questions, or you have interacted with one of our services, for example by downloading one of our free spreadsheets or by participating in forums.
- because we need it to provide a product or service that you have requested, for instance, if you subscribe to an email list or purchase products from XLAutomation.
- because you work for us, or apply to us for a job
- for purposes directly related to any of the above.
2.2 How we collect information
There are two types of information or data we collect:
Information that you specifically give us
For example, you may provide information about yourself when you are filling in a form or when you sign up to a service. This type of information may include your name, email address and phone number.
- Personal information that is required. In some instances, you must provide personal information if you wish to use a particular service or participate in an activity.
- Personal information that is optional. You may choose to provide some personal information which is not required but is directly related to XLAutomation’s functions or activities. Sometimes you will be asked to confirm that you agree to a particular activity. For example, you may need to expressly agree that you would like to receive a newsletter or to confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions of a competition.
Data we collect that tracks your activity
- XLAutomation automatically gathers information to monitor the use of its website like the numbers and frequency of visitors to our website.
- This information can help us identify if there are any problems with our services that need fixing.
XLAutomation will only disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- to provide the service you wish to use;
- for research purposes relating to the performance, quality, maintenance and improvement of XLAutomation’s services and products;
- to customise and promote services which may be of interest to you;
- to provide technical support to you ;
- if permitted or required by law; or
- otherwise with your consent.
These third parties may be located in Australia or overseas locations.
Under no circumstances will XLAutomation sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
4. Accessing your personal information
You have the right to request access to personal information that is held by XLAutomation about you. Requests for access will be dealt with by XLAutomation in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982.
5. Use of your personal information to contact you
We will never knowingly send you unsolicited commercial electronic messages. More information on the Spam Act 2003 is available from the regulator’s website: www.acma.gov.au/spam
We may use information that we know about your likes and interests to tell you about other XLAutomation products and services when you are online. We may know about your likes and interests because you have provided that information, for instance via a social media platform.
6. Protection of your personal information
XLAutomation will take all reasonable and practicable steps to ensure that your personal information is properly protected from misuse or loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.